Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the forums of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features

Username:   Password:
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:
New Rogernomics for Celestial Being
Topic Started: Jan 30 2017, 01:52 AM (271 Views)
New Rogernomics
Member Avatar
Ghost of Kitties Past
As you know we are electing a new government. I had a role to play in writing the new Mandate, but new Mandate, old Mandate, or other Mandate aside, I want Lazarus to succeed.

While there were a lot of disagreements, I think the new mandate has turned out for the best. There are things we like in it, and things we don't too. Over my term we can amend our new mandate and tweak it so it works the way it should.

Here's my plan as Celestial Being for improving Lazarus and making the best of our new Mandate.

Platform:

1) Transition the region to the new mandate, which means we work together to establish lore under a new committee, get the provisions up and running, and the new government elected.

2) Revive the Lazarene Liberation Army (or now Holy Inquisition), and build it back into the defender military organization it should be post-FRA.

3) Define Lazarus again as a Gameplay orientated region, and not just a Role Play orientated one. We need to get back into contact with the gameplay side, as well as develop Lazarus internally. This means keeping active diplomatically, building bridges with other regions, and encouraging talent to come to Lazarus from around Nationstates. Lazarus can do both, being a respected region as any other in the Gameplay world, while improving its culture and activity as a region.

4) Establish reasonable relations with Balder, Osiris, and The Pacific. I know we have our differences with these regions, and many may disagree with how these governments are run, but the best strategy isn't isolationism, but getting along with other GCR's and Sinkers.

5) Establish functioning committees under the new mandate. This means regular monthly updates to our forum-based foreign embassies, which is possible with the foreign update script, as well as putting together festivals and cultural activities.

6) Following on from the GCR Recruitment conference a long while back, I would like to reach out to various GCR regions that considered the possibility of mutual recruitment:
A. Exploring making mutually beneficial agreements where Lazarus can recruit in some or all GCR's, and some or all GCR's can recruit in Lazarus.
B. Eventually developing our own committee tasked with recruitment and welcoming people to Lazarus.
C. Such agreements would allow us to recruit to some extent like a UCR, and bring in people that otherwise wouldn't consider a Sinker region like Lazarus as their first choice.
D. Likewise for other GCR's, allowing recruitment in Lazarus would allow them to bring back old nations into the game that otherwise might give GCR's as a whole a miss and be recruited by some UCR.

7) Encourage Lazarenes to participate in our democracy and improve it. This means making good use of the committees to explore new ideas and try to include as many citizens as possible.

8) Reach out to national residents of Lazarus through bi-weekly telegrams, updating them on what the region is up to, while at the same time not flooding their inboxes.

9) Establish a regional economy, with money, shops, contests, and of course income and taxation:
A. This will mean new citizens of Lazarus will receive an amount of money to start with, and will be able to spend it in shops or in contests.
B. Having a position in the government, or as a Gazette writer,etc will generate an income that is taxed as Pay As you Earn, meaning the tax is already taken out.
C. Lazarus will have a regional bank. The Committee for the Interior (formally Ministry of the Steward), alongside the forum administration team, will run it.
D. To begin with shops will be established as generic ones run by forum admins, but later people will be encouraged to set up their own.
E. Contests could be poetry, writing, or role-play competitions, or they could be lotteries. Really the list goes on.

To sum up, I would like to keep the spirit of the region intact, regardless of where the new mandate takes us.

We can do a lot as a region, if we talk to each other and work together, even when we might disagree.

If you elect me Celestial Being, then I will do my best to respect Lazarene laws, traditions, and values, and try not to mess up the furniture.

Elect New Rogernomics Celestial Being, and let's make Lazarus a more fun place to be! ^_^
Mini Profile Top

Replies:
New Rogernomics
Member Avatar
Ghost of Kitties Past
lamb
Jan 31 2017, 08:43 PM
I worded what I was trying to say poorly. I know they don't appoint clerics; I was saying they appoint clerics as Bishops. That was also very clearly stated in my initial post. ;)

Aside from that poor wording, you didn't address the fact that the CB doesn't have explicit powers to form the Archdiocese, unless I'm misreading something here. I don't disagree that the CB isn't an important advisory role to the Council, as the current mandate stands. My initial and current inquiry still stands regarding the powers of the CB in relation to the establishment of the Archdiocese, due to your platform being heavily centered around that fact and the Mandate saying nothing except that the Council itself organizes them.
I did address it. Neither the Sovereign nor the CB establish Archdioceses. These are established by a vote of the Cosmic Council.

The C.B. ceremonially appoints positions, but does not nominate them, as that is the Sovereign's job, followed by the Cosmic Council, which votes on them.

Most of my platform will require working with the Sovereign, and the Cosmic Council. Under the previous mandate, if I ran for an executive position, it would still require me to work with the Grand Assembly, as I couldn't get anything done without it.

Mini Profile Top

New Rogernomics
Member Avatar
Ghost of Kitties Past
Sygian
Jan 31 2017, 10:41 PM
What are your views on our involvement in CAIN, and your opinions on the coalition itself?
Unlike many others, I am ambivalent on it. I don't agree with the logic of raiding for the purpose of destroying a region or its ideology - I always 'raided ' to improve regions AKA like when Osiris was first created.

I don't support Nazi-styled regions or that style of role-playing as it is pretty offensive, given the historical context.

But I don't believe that NS has many real 'Neo Nazis' or 'fascists', as the vast majority are role-players, be it offensive ones, who make English-German rants.

As for what happens with CAIN, I am not sure. Though I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later they go too far on one region, and get branded 'raiders' or not real 'defenders' by more puristic defenders like XKI.

Lazarus by all means can be involved in it. However it would also suffer the consequences (if they come), from being part of CAIN - especially if one of those operations upsets one of the NS powers outside CAIN.

If Lazarus wants membership in it, then like with the FRA, I won't get in the way of it.

Mini Profile Top

Lamb
Member Avatar

New Rogernomics
Feb 1 2017, 12:53 AM
lamb
Jan 31 2017, 08:43 PM
I worded what I was trying to say poorly. I know they don't appoint clerics; I was saying they appoint clerics as Bishops. That was also very clearly stated in my initial post. ;)

Aside from that poor wording, you didn't address the fact that the CB doesn't have explicit powers to form the Archdiocese, unless I'm misreading something here. I don't disagree that the CB isn't an important advisory role to the Council, as the current mandate stands. My initial and current inquiry still stands regarding the powers of the CB in relation to the establishment of the Archdiocese, due to your platform being heavily centered around that fact and the Mandate saying nothing except that the Council itself organizes them.
I did address it. Neither the Sovereign nor the CB establish Archdioceses. These are established by a vote of the Cosmic Council.

The C.B. ceremonially appoints positions, but does not nominate them, as that is the Sovereign's job, followed by the Cosmic Council, which votes on them.

Most of my platform will require working with the Sovereign, and the Cosmic Council. Under the previous mandate, if I ran for an executive position, it would still require me to work with the Grand Assembly, as I couldn't get anything done without it.
Gotcha, just making sure we're on the same page. There are a lot of goals in your platform that seem to be written with an implied ability that the CB doesn't possess. Because of this, I was pretty confused as to whether I was reading the Mandate correctly or not.

Given that we've established the construction, organization, and purposes of the Archdiocese are entirely at the whim of the Council, what kind of efforts do you intend to make to consider and include the Council's opinions and needs regarding these important committees?

Are you willing to sideline your own objectives and cooperate with the Council whether their opinions line-up with yours or not?
Edited by Lamb, Feb 1 2017, 04:19 AM.
Mini Profile Top

New Rogernomics
Member Avatar
Ghost of Kitties Past
Quote:

Gotcha, just making sure we're on the same page. There are a lot of goals in your platform that seem to be written with an implied ability that the CB doesn't possess. Because of this, I was pretty confused as to whether I was reading the Mandate correctly or not.
Figured there would be a general understanding that any executive can't do major things without the legislature, which is how things have always been in the past.

I don't think I ever said in my platform that I would be doing it through some kind of dictatorial decree, so it is hard to see how there could be confusion. xD
Quote:

Given that we've established the construction, organization, and purposes of the Archdiocese are entirely at the whim of the Council, what kind of efforts do you intend to make to consider and include the Council's opinions and needs regarding these important committees?
Not entirely. The C.B. can veto legislation, much like a President.

The committees haven't been established. I did propose a few, though no one has given any input as yet: http://nslazarus.com/archive/NSLazarus/topic/10115578/1/?x=20#new

So it all depends on what shape the committees take. At least as far as I have seen, there isn't a complete consensus on where to go with foreign policy or regional culture. Really, I would make the same efforts I have always done, which means proposing bills, putting them through discussion, and fixing problems with existing legislation. It all depends on how the Archdiocese is organized.

From the mandate, it would mean talking to the members of it, and not just the top official, either publicly or privately through Discord and forum discussions - to get their ideas and include them. Even before this C.B. campaign, I established a Discord server for the purpose of developing lore and regional culture.
Quote:

Are you willing to sideline your own objectives and cooperate with the Council whether their opinions line-up with yours or not?
Kind of a trick question. It assumes that my objectives might be hostile or undermine the will of the Council. It depends on what is proposed. :P

Some legislation I might veto, if I personally feel it is going against the intent of the mandate or needs further discussion before allowing it through. But that would really be a last resort, and I doubt it would get that far.

So really there would be no conflict, I would attempt to get legislation or ideas I favor through. If not, I rarely impede legislation, it would really have to be a major and divisive issue for me to stand in the way or do more than give a nay vote.

Edited by New Rogernomics, Feb 1 2017, 05:03 PM.
Mini Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · General Archives · Next Topic »
Image hosting by Photobucket
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith - Recolored by Seth of Outline